Saturday 11 September 2010

School Shoes

Phew! I have survived the first week and what a week.
It was probably the longest five days of my life.
So far!
We've had lectures on Teachers And The Law, Putting Together our Professional Portfolio, Behaviour Management, Assessments, The English Framework and much more.
At 8am on Monday I have my first tutorial with my course tutor and for that I have had to complete a comprehensive review of my (lacking) ICT skills, match up where I am now on achieving the 33 standards I will need to acquire qualified teacher status (a long way), audit my subject knowledge (six hours of misery to find out I knew a lot less than I thought) and compile a CV for my placement profile.
I have also got to finish reading "Stone Cold", a YA novel for next week which Iam thoroughly enjoying and read "Of Mice And Men."
Of course I couldn't get through the week (and the weekend) without a little reward so I have ordered a new pair of Clarks pumps (above)  and a skirt from the fab new online Zara.
I think I will be limited to online shopping only for the next 36 weeks.
Next week we find out which High Schools we will be working in for our first placement.